Corn Chowder With Sausage
This easy corn chowder recipe uses frozen whole-kernel corn and gets extra heartiness from low-fat chicken sausage.
- 1 tblspn Butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups cubed peeled Yukon gold potato
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1/8 tspn black pepper
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/2 package (about 6 ounces) spicy low-fat chicken sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tblspn chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Here are your instructions:
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 2 1/2 minutes or until soft. Stir in potato and next 5 ingredients (through corn); bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until potato is soft. Remove 2 cups, purée, and return to pan.
Stir in sausage and milk over low heat; cook until thick (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat. Garnish with cheese and parsley.